Propolis extract is obtained from Natural Propolis (base ingredient) deposited in specially designed polyethylene meshes in selected geographical regions “Uruguayan Savannah of the PAMPA biome”
Natural propolis is extracted from beehives, produced by bees Apis Mellifera from collecting secretions from sprouts, bark and/or buds of herbal or woody plants located in the zone of influence of the hives.
This product doesn’t have a specific chemical formula, as its components change according to the geographical region of origin.
In reference to the collection and botanical source of propolis, the following parameters apply:
• Producer’s (beekeeper) geographical location.
• Producer category: depending of beekeeping management.
• Collecting base Propolis: Using our program’s nets.
• Good compliance to required registry and controls.
To achieve product traceability (from the beekeeper to the batch of extract) Apiter has certified the propolis extract process called APITER, PEP-100 under ISO, 9001-2008.
“APITER, PEP-100” propolis is an amorphous crystalline solid, brittle and heat softenable.
Apiter Laboratories markets Propolis extract in powder and fluids with different concentrations:
1. APITER PEP-95 – fluid powder
2. APITER PEP-90 – fluid powder
3. APITER PEP-80/PK – fluid powder
4. APITER RP-80 – heat softenable viscous fluid.
The extracts above are stable and its selective use allows for preparing liquid, semi liquid, solid, powder, hydrosoluble and liposoluble formulas.
Security Files were drafted according to 91/155/C.E.E. Directives and its addendum from the European Communities
Due to their technical nature and considering the parameters under the Security Data Files, the products formulas including “APITER, PEP-100” are reorganized in 2 groups:
- Propolis Extract “Apiter, RP-80” or other dilutions that contain relatively flammable components like ethanol.
- “APITER PEP-90”;“APITER PEP-95” powder Propolis Extract Are solid-powder products with different particle size.